Saturday 17 April 2010

Fellow Fellows.....

has this not been a turn up for the books! Please get in touch and let me know I am not the only Fellow stuck somewhere?! I left Tassie on Wednesday 14 as planned and spent the night in Melbourne where I met Jenny and Heath for dinner.  All ready to set off for home having had the most wonderful experience ever. I found something amazing in Tas in the Big Picture School (BPS) and think we have much to learn from it. Also the Essential Learnings Curriculum and the fall of it due to the assessment ... bizzare that we are in that exact place in Scotland right now with Curriculum for Excellence (CfE) and wonder if we will survive it.... anyway made my way to Tullemarine airport on Thursday to be confronted with the 'ash' situation ... how small does that make us all, and so very, very unimportant. 

So I am still here, had 3 nights in hotels which is no fun with 30 kilo case, flight bag and hand luggage. Emirates have all but disappeared. May have flight tonight to Zurich and they say I will have to make my own way from there back to the UK.  However it looks like that airport is also closed now so no idea where I will end up.  Pity as the weather has turned warm after a very mixed  month!!

Fellow Fellows, do get in touch and keep each other posted.  Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment